Friday

find-out-resourceful-information-on-the-low-carb-vegetarian-diet

Since starting a healthier life style, I have explored different avenues. I’m trying a vegetarian diet meal plan and already I can see how it betters my life. This is something I feel needs to be researched extensively. Before starting any diet make sure you talk with your health care professional and get all the facts.

I hate admitting this, but my dear family loves to eat. Their food of choice is red, juicy muscle. Yes, I mean the flesh kind. Not a meal goes by where there is no meat on the plate. The more the better! Mention vegetarians to my family and they guffaw all over themselves. They believe vegetable eaters should be banished from the earth.

I have had trouble with high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes. I got tired of all the medications and decided I needed a change in my life. I have been extremely guilty of over indulging and had a diet low in vegetables and high in fats. It was not because I hated vegetables, I just had a very bad habit of not including them in my meals.

It was not easy, but I slowly began to eat differently. I incorporated more vegetables, nuts, legumes, whole grains and fruits into my regimen. I started taking walks. Of course, in the beginning I could not walk very far. But, each day I went a little further. Then I started to jog. Now I can run marathons. You must get yourself moving if you plan to make a change in your history.

It takes some getting used to, but you will find good sources of protein if you will only look. Beets, corn, watermelon, celery, potatoes and spinach are just a few items that have protein. I was taught these foods would never taste good in and of themselves. I have tasted them and this is completely incorrect.

Having a high protein vegetarian diet that includes many fruits and vegetables will give you a fighting chance against cancer. Studies have been done and do show that people who have a rich menu of these foods can cut their chances of cancer by up to fifty percent. This even includes skin cancer. To me that is a fantastic reason to at least try these foods!

Whole grains and nuts are an extremely terrific addition to your lifestyle. If you have a history of heart disease, eating whole grains will help you fight it and can give you a chance at a more fulfilling existence. Nuts contain folic acid, which is great in fighting colon cancer. They have dietary fiber, potassium and magnesium too. You should be smiling!

You may decide that a vegetarian diet meal plan is for you. Or you may decide it is not. Along with these low carb vegetarian diets, get your butt moving. Eat better foods.

Article kindly provided by UberArticles.com




xtend-life reviews

Labels: , , ,